|WebRTC enables customers to contact companies securely with encrypted voice-or video calls and screen-sharing sessions via a simple web browser or a mobile app. A payable landline or GSM connection is no longer required. Similarly, contact center agents don’t need to install a softphone or plugin to receive phone calls. They can log in to a browser and serve clients via chat, voice, video, and screen share.|
The open WebRTC standard is supported by Apple, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla and comes with a broad ecosystem to adapt to enterprise customer needs. WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Amazon Chime use it. Expertflow supports WebRTC as a customer- or agent-facing channel. New features provided to customers that are not available with traditional SIP phones include:
- No need to installToll-free OTT calling to customer service
- Video calling
- Screenshare with screen real-estate (such as pwd fields) that can be masked
- Multi-channel conversations (chat plus voice, chat plus video, visual IVR, metadata transfer,…)
- Registration of multiple mobile devices for one customer
Website New Capabilities
Voice/ video and screen sharing are new capabilities of a website. Any capability deployed on a website can be combined with WebRTC, meaning there is great versatility in use-case scenarios that are not bound or limited by any vendor. For example, Expertflow provides the following add-on features to WebRTC through a common SDK:
- Customer identification and authentication
- Customer interaction history across all channels
- Pre-conversation form/ capturing website data and tags for skill-based routing
- Post collaboration survey
- Appointment scheduling
- Real-time contact center stats (expected waiting time, available agents)
WebRTC makes things easier for IT as no remote devices need to be monitored, and NAT/ firewall traversal is greatly simplified.
Quality of Service and Systems monitoring is provided with the open RTCP (Real-Time Transport Control Protocol) standard, which allows companies to dynamically adapt their Codec and, therefore, quality based on network and bandwidth quality.
Expertflow provides carrier-grade WebRTC, allowing several thousand concurrent calls on a single server, automated failovers and sophisticated security frameworks. Expertflow WebRTC can run standalone or be integrated with a Cisco Contact center with a simple SIP trunk and metadata transfer.